The Archimedes institute offers a post-doctoral position for one outstanding young researcher in mathematics and/or in computer science and/or theoretical physics for a duration of two years.
This call is articulated in four steps :
- The applicant should find and contact a scientific referent from one of the Archimedes laboratories
- The applicant should then proceed to the online application (by sending all the documents requested to the email adress indicated below)
- After evaluation of the files, the Archimedes Institute will short-list some of the applicant and let them know
- Interviews will be conducted and the final result made public.
The schedule as follows:
- deadline for the online application: 30th april 2023
- interview by the Archimedes committee: end of May 2023
- decision and award: 5th June 2023
- beginning of the Post-doc: as off October 2023
The position is available for up to 2 years in the Post-doc program in
Monthly brut salary is :
for applicants having professional experience < or = to 3 years: 2466 €
for applicants having professional experience > to 3 years: 2891 €
A health insurance coverage is provided by the Aix Marseille University. This salary will be complemented by an extra 306 € bonus every month after one year.
How to apply
Application will have to contain :
A cover letter specifying the name of the scientific referent. This person will be in charge of the scientific integration of the applicant within Archimedes and the hosting lab.
A support letter from the referent
A detailed description of the research project. The project should present innovative research directions. Moreover, part of the document should be aimed at all the Archimedes community in its entirety (mathematics, computer science and theoretical physics). In particular, the research project should highlight possible points of interaction within the Archimedes institute
A resume and a list of publications
At least two letters of recommendation, that should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to send the application material
The application files are to be sent by email to email@example.com no later than the 30th april 2023. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview at the end of May 2023.
Aix Marseille Université has a tradition for welcoming international PhD students and young academics, most significantly at the welcome desk. A bilingual guide is adressed by the International Relations Division (DRI) to the numerous international students of AMU.
See all information on DRI website